Private Networks (LTE/5G & Wi-Fi) Student Manual
iBwave Private Networks for LTE/5G & Wi-Fi: Essentials to design and validate LTE/5G and Wi‑Fi projects
The iBwave Private Networks Certification program for LTE/5G and Wi-Fi is intended for engineers and technicians involved in the surveying, planning, designing and validating of high‑performance LTE/5G private networks and Wi‑Fi networks. Learners will explore the iBwave Private Networks application and gain valuable knowledge on how to efficiently and accurately build LTE/5G private networks and Wi‑Fi networks through the associated procedures, demonstrations, and workshops.
This course will cover the basics of how to start a project, prepare floor plans, survey, design and run predictions for both cellular and Wi‑Fi networks. A year-access to an online copy of the Student Manual is included.
At the end of the course, there is a mandatory final exam on the cellular aspects of the course (LTE/5G Private Networks). A passing grade on this exam will award the iBwave Private Networks Certification for LTE/5G.
Optionally, an exam package is provided as a separate modular course for those who wish to also have the iBwave Private Networks Certification for Wi-Fi. This package includes a Design from Scratch Workshop in Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi final exam.
- Familiarity with Wi-Fi and small cell network deployment.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept and characteristics of Private Networks (PN)
- Identify which wireless technology is more suitable for a specific application
- Design in-building Wi-Fi and LTE/5G private network projects using plans, small cells, access points, and other components
- Add specific project details using annotations and mark-ups
- Model a building incorporating walls and surfaces composed of various materials
- Optimize the network design by running and analyzing predictions
- Collect, import, and modify survey data
- Configure and generate reports